Thursday, August 18, 2016

Why We Weed: Outdated Reference

Today I officially wrapped up the nightmare weeding project that was my juvenile fiction collection.


But as I was reminded today, my overall weeding is nowhere near complete.


With every success comes another challenge and today's "Why We Weed" contribution comes from my reference collection.

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of reference in children's collections anyway (let them check them out I say!), so I have been putting off this section until the end of my project. But some books just cannot be ignored.

That's right! This gem called "Children's Books Too Good to Miss" is from 1971.

Now, yes, I'm sure there are some classics hits in this. Indeed at a glance there are.

But there are many more that I have never heard of (for good reason I'm sure). Plus, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that there are many "Children's Books Too Good to Miss" published after 1971....

But that's just a shot in the dark.

So everybody bid a very happy farewell to one very, very outdated book (Right along with it goes our Poetry Index from 1951).


No comments:

Post a Comment