Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Let the summer preparations begin

I'm kicking off the plans for the Summer Library Program 2016 with my favorite summer wardrobe add-on: My Headband.


Wait no, not that one.


Last summer's theme was all about Superheros so I created this little beauty.





Stunning right?

The brilliant thing about these is that they can be headbands, keychains or backpack patches. And we certainly love our versatility.

This summer's theme is Get in the Game: Read. It's all about Sports, Fitness, Health, and Wellness. While many are not exactly thrilled about the theme I've decided to embrace it.

So in honor of the Health side of things I've decided to share my love of carrots with this



Charming, right?

I'll add more variations most likely in the coming months, so check back.

Our Geeky Steps

Supplies:
Headband
Felt
Hot Glue/Glue Gun (E-6000 also works fine if you can deal with the smell)
Scissors
Double-Sided Tape
Pattern (or be awesome at free-handing . . . I am not)

Step 1
Find and print your pattern. I will usually do two of the same pattern (sometimes I need to use both if there are many layers-sometimes I need the 2nd because I screw up). If you want a place to get nice, free images I do recommend Pixabay. Why?
All images and videos on Pixabay are released free of copyrights under Creative Commons CC0. You may download, modify, distribute, and use them royalty-free for anything you like, even in commercial applications. Attribution is not required.
 Step 2
 Start with a background color. My carrot you will notice has a black background. Cut around your entire image. This will give you a full backing for each of your other layers. This is when the double-sided tape comes in handy to keep your pattern in place.

Step 3
Cut inside the lines for your 2nd layer. My 2nd layer was the orange part of my carrot. This is the benefit of having an image with a nice lined border as it will give you a line to follow.

 

Step 4
It's time for your next layer. Mine is green. Again cut inside the black border. You will notice that my top is then cut into three separate pieces that I will need to attach to my black backing.



Step 5
Assemble!



Step 6
Now you are ready to attach to your headband, keychain, backpack, jeans, wherever.





Click here for printable Step-by-Step Instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment