Thursday, March 10, 2016

Smoothies!

Mmmmmmm . . . .  smoothies . . .


When I heard about this summer's theme being all about sports/fitness/wellness I knew I wanted to have a smoothie day. Then I began to consider how I could go about doing it properly. After a lot of thought I decided to create what I am lovingly calling Smoothie Cubes.



And here they are


These are super-simple. Here's my template (Publisher Version) for you to use however you want. And here's the Word Version just in case you do not have Publisher.


Here is how they will work. I will have all the ingredients on the cubes and they will have to roll one from each cube: Liquid, Fruit, Veggie, Thickener and Flavoring. Then they must try their smoothie creation (barring any allergies).

The plan is that I will put the whole creation in a large cup and the teen can try a small sample. Then if they hate it others can still try too. This will be a small attempt not to be too wasteful.

9 comments:

  1. I am getting an error message saying "No Preview Available" when I click on the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you have to do to get into it is to Download. It will then download as .pub file so you can edit it anyway you want (that way you are not limited to my selections and can instead pick your own). It does require that you have Publisher. I will try to add a second link as a .doc file for use in Word (which should also work on the publisher side of Microsoft Word for Mac).

      Delete
    2. Both options now work the same way, but do require a download. If it still doesn't work for you let me know and I will just shoot you off an email with it as an attachment.

      Delete
  2. these are awesome!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm new to the whole smoothie making gig. Did you use a particular book for recipies? I'd be lost trying to figure out how much of each ingredient. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admittedly I did eyeball most of the ingredients (because I do them myself often enough at home to guesstimate). However, I can recommend DK's "The No Time to Cook! Book" by Elena Rosemond-Hoerr. It has a great Smoothie Wheel at the front which gives you breakdowns of each ingredient (and I do refer to it whenever I am making something out of my normal).

      Delete
  4. I'm going to do this program next month, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what a couple of the items on the cubes are: Is that ice cream on the 3rd die? And on the 5th die, what is the dark powder - nutmeg? What are the (what look like) grains on that die?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry that I missed your question. Your comment was accidentally marked as Spam. My apologies. The 3rd die is peanut butter (by the bananas, right?). The 5th, the dark powder is cocoa. I'm not seeing any grains on the 5th, so if you are talking about the 3rd-oatmeal.

      Hope this helps and that I am not too late... so sorry again.

      Delete