Friday, October 14, 2016

Audiobooks are the bees knees!


via GIPHY

Ok, so I was not alive yet when "the bee's knees"was popular terminology for the bestest of the best, but that doesn't mean I can't sling it around, right?

I love audiobooks. I listen to them while commuting and while driving to libraries for consulting/IT support. I listen to "my stories" while doing chores around the house to working in the garden. I can get so caught up in an audiobook that I will sit in the car when I get home just as I reach a good part. A few years back I was naive and actually PAID for audiobooks! Can you believe it? I had a standing subscription with Audible and had excellent selection of new releases and best sellers. And all I had to do was pay $15 a month. I finally got wise a realized my library could get me these books, on CD or online, at no cost. You would have thought I would have figured that out long before...you know as a working librarian and all. DUH!
So, Have you tried OneClickDigital? If you are a resident of Kansas, you can get a Kansas Library card and access their digital collection: OneClickDigital from State Library of Kansas.

The State Library of Kansas also offers many options for eBooks, if that's your thing: Digital Library

If you are a resident of the Central Kansas Library System, your local library card will give you access to Sunflower eLibrary, an Overdrive eLibrary. There are eBooks, Audiobooks, and a small but growing collection of Videos.

Your local library also has books on CD! And if your library doesn't have it, ask at the desk and a staff member can get it from another library through InterLibrary Loan.

This week I am listening to Poldark: Demelza 1788-1790 by Winston Graham.


I am also listening to Fragments by Dan Wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment