Thursday, January 18, 2018

We're Back

It's probably no coincidence that September 14th was our last post. It was a big day for both of us-the BookGeek1 family welcomed our newest little BookGeekBaby.

That's right, we now have a little girl that we can raise with a healthy love of literature and libraries.

We are loving our Mom and Daughter matching panda socks.
From BookGeek2:
My apologies as well. While my changes are not as dramatic or life altering as becoming a parent, I have had some changes as well. I am growing into a new position at work as a Continuing Education and General Consultant. That means my posts are going to shift to a broader library spectrum than just IT.
Plus I gotta spoil BookGeekBaby. It's my job as honorary aunt!

If you are coming here from the Southeast Kansas Library System, my apologies for not updating sooner with my promised additions/extensions/clarifications/resources from my presentation in September, but as you've probably already done the math I did end up delivering 2 days after the event. [Turns out it was a very good thing I presented online rather than making the drive.]

If you have found your way here from this year's APPLE class: Welcome! I hope our resources will continue to be a source of inspiration and help to you after our class ends.

So I promise to be better about keeping posts current in the coming year.

With that in mind here's a preview of what's to come:
  • Collection Development and Programming Resources
  • Book Club 101
  • Writing Club 101
  • DIY Stickers
  • Collection Development Tips (including Weeding)
  • DIY Scarves, part 2
  • FrankenToys, part 2
  • Why You Need a Button Maker
  • VHS Purses
  • Anime Club 101
  • No-Mance Parties for Teens

I will also post some reviews on some upcoming titles that will be coming out this next year.

So thank you for your patience as I have gotten used to being a mom (and BookGeek2 has earned the title of honorary aunt) and then getting back into the flow at work. But I assure you we are most definitely back!


No comments:

Post a Comment