Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Alien Doll

One of my absolute favorites for this summer's teen program is our DIY Alien Dolls.




 Isn't she beautiful?

A far leap from where we began:




Supplies
Doll
Paint
Scissors


For my sample, I really wanted the bald look. And yes, I could have just used a balk doll, but then they would not have had her very interesting facial expression.


The problem was that I could not get the hair completely shaved. Fortunately, MrBookGeek1 was kind enough to spend some time cutting her head open and cutting all the hair loose from the inside.




Sadly, my step-by-step pictures did not seem to make the transfer to my computer, but the steps are pretty self explanatory. Paint one side of the body and let it dry. Flip and repeat. Do the same thing with the body. I added a nice layer of sparkles on top.

I still ponder whether or not she needs some blood red eyes or mouth.... We shall see what becomes of her.


 My teens are super-excited about doing this one this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment