Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Comic Book Coasters

A crowd-favorite!

Comic Book Coasters are relatively low-cost, but they are a bit of a time-suck. So it's super important to have an alternate activity to occupy their time while they wait until their layers of Mod Podge dry. My suggestion: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World!


Based on the delightful graphic novel series, Scott Pilgrim is full of quirk and snark and should please the vast majority of your teens.


But I digress....



So coasters are actually pretty easy to make which is why I have so many lying around my home and my office

You can find my Step-by-Step Instructions here-all ready to print, cut and laminate.

There aren't a great deal of supplies needed. Your largest costs will most likely come from the metal blanks, Comics, and Mod Podge.  But most of the required supplies you probably have lying around and they can all (with perhaps the exception of the blanks) can be used for a variety of other activities. And we can always use more Mod Podge!*

Now for alternatives:
1) Rather than metal blanks you can use tiles. It really depends on what style you are going for.
2) Switch out the comics for any other paper. I've used scrapbook paper, regular book pages, maps and even have one super-cute coaster from an old children's book.

*Disclaimer
I sometimes receive free products from Plaid Enterprises to test out on projects and use at my library at my discretion. The opinions and projects that result from this relationship are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment