Monday, May 16, 2016

Gameboard Tracker

Summer is nearly here and I am super-excited for the sports and gaming theme this summer.



I am revitalizing my library's teen reading system because BINGO is not my cup of tea for that demographic. I'm all for a rousing game as a library program, but not to get them to read.

So I made these



And I'm trying to remain humble about how well these are already being received by the teens.
But . . .

And, yes, this is pretty much what I tell the teens when they meet me for the first time. They like it because they just think that I'm this odd, amusing person...then they find out it's kinda true.

Here's to an awesome summer everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm looking to do something similarly for our Teen SRP tracker this year, but I had a question. Did the teens win weekly prizes as well? Or were there just End of Summer prizes for them? Trying to figure out the best way to do it. This is SUCH a great idea, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, your comment got buried in a random spot that we completely missed. My biggest apologies! I did not do "weekly" prizes. I did have prizes for specific corners. So they rewarded at 8 hours, 16 hours, etc. Then they weren't always getting something, but just enough to incentive them.

      Delete