Friday, May 27, 2016

Windows 10 Dropping Wifi FIX

If you have upgraded your laptop to Windows 10 and have been frustrated by your device randomly disconnecting, I have a fix!
I have pushed Windows 10 image on several laptops and each time the laptop will randomly disconnect and I can't select a wifi to reconnect. In the past I would go to Network Settings-->Change Adapter settings--> Right Click on Wifi Adapter and Diagnose. This would eventually reconnect the wifi.

But now, with the help of a fellow techie, Dalton, I have a better solution. In your windows search box, type services. Right click on services and run as administrator. Find WLAN Autoconfig and right click-->properties. Make sure that it is set to Automatic and has started. Go to Recovery tab and make all failure lines = Restart the service. Click OK.

And your laptop will stay connected!

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment