Friday, June 3, 2016

Summer Decor

Our summer decor has finally been finished & I am super-excited.

This actually began as an idea for my teen space, but evolved over time as the need for a "less prizes" summer became my goal.

So these are now part of our children's area:




These were simple to make with a projector, computer and an awesome free site.

We took large sheets of cardboard and traced the images. Then cut, paint and display.

These will now become a sticker board. For every summer bookmark they complete they will get a sticker to add to one of the figures. Now I'm just crossing my fingers to see if this is a good enough incentive to keep them reading all summer long (which is particularly important since we have construction on our road all summer and have no parking lot-but walking to the library is very appropriate this summer).

I'm loving the look of these and really hope that they work well because I already have my silhouettes planned out for the next two years....


The ballerina is my favorite....


No comments:

Post a Comment