Thursday, March 29, 2018

Why You Want a Button Maker

I love buttons. Not as much as I love stickers, but it is still a weird obsession of mine. I have an odd assortment of buttons that I have acquired over the years and sometimes they even come in handy (if anything to inspire personalized creations).

That's right I do have a New Kids on the Block button-be jealous!

One of the best investments that I got for my library was a button maker. While the initial cost is a bit large, the overall use I have gotten from ours has made it well worth it.



Places to use it:
  • In library teen programs (or goodness kids and adults will dig this too and it is a good add-on activity)
  • Outreach visits-we use our button maker when we visit the high school. It is the best kind of draw to get them to come and see us at our lunch table.
  • Marketing-make personalized library logo buttons for a promo event
  • Staff-think of all the different things to highlight for staff use: "ask me about ____", Banned Books Week-cover of favorite one, etc.


Filler options:
  • Discarded magazines and books
  • Coloring pages
  • Blank pages that they customize
  • As part of an art program. Create and wear--thinking anime drawings would be awesome as part of an anime club
  • Create a template and fill in content as you wish-we make custom movie ones occasionally and then let the teens pick the design they want. Any fandom ones would be super cool too.



For your reference, I can recommend our button maker without hesitation from American Button Machines. They have a variety of sizes and we invested in a kit so we would have all the supplies we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment