Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Bucket List

Do you have a personal bucket list? That lovely list of things to do and places to visit before you die...

Now, do you have a professional bucket list? A list of things to do and dream programs to offer before you retire...






This is something I started doing years ago. Compiling my dreams for things I would like at my library (some feasible and some not) has given me a whole host of ideas over the years.

Sometimes its stumbling into one of those libraries where you walk around and covet every single thing you see, other times it is dreaming up a wacky programming idea and saying, "Maybe one day..."

So my challenge to you is make your list and start figuring out if you can (on some scale) get one thing off of it.

One of my newest additions to my bucket list was to renovate my libraries Toddler Room. With dirty paint, faded floor cushions (they used to have butterflies and flowers, but no longer), and a broken play cube, it was time for an overhaul. As I type this I have two awesome guys in the space right now prepping the space for some truly wonderful new items. And I can't wait.

This May I will officially be crossing off another thing (something that has been on my list for years).

I will officially have my first annual CopCake Day! That's right cops and cupcakes. What could be funner? [I am fully aware this is not a word (2 degrees in English), but doesn't funner sound funner than more fun?]

So get started on your bucket list and start working towards making at least one of your dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment