Thursday, January 26, 2017

Why paint when you can play with dye?

I am kind of falling in love with FolkArt Ultra Dye Paints. They are so versatile and vibrant and I can't wait to implement them into some of my future programs. It works on wood, baskets and even burlap, so the possibilities are endless for your library


 I tested it out on a plain wood shelf that I knew I wanted to add to my wedding wall at home.


I rounded up some sample colors to test out. Do NOT forget some good gloves because this will stain everything it touches! So cover your space (mine's a nice cheap shower curtain) and get started.


First sand it off.


I ran my test on the back of my shelf. These colors are actually even brighter in person (if you can imagine) so they will have huge teen appeal! Don't worry it comes in a ton of colors so they can all be versatile.


I used my trusty FolkArt Ultra Dye Brushes, but you can also just use rags if you have a lot of teens creating at once and are on a tight budget. But the brushes are awesome and gave me great coverage (and I do like things that can be reused).

After one coat my shelf was ready to hit the wall. It makes my bouquet really pop.


I be trying this out on some other project I have upcoming to give you even more options for your teens (and adults). Next up will be my Bulletin Board Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment