Thursday, May 11, 2017

Copcake Day

Well, after years of wishing I have finally had my very first Copcake Day for teens. My long-term plans is that this will be an annual event and with the impressive turnout I think that is definitely a possibility (by far this was our largest attendance of the year).

And it was also by far our most delicious program.

How it worked:

I ordered cupcakes with frosting on the side. This way they could frost their own.

Then we set up a toppings bar (crushed cookies, candy of all kinds, coconut, sliced bananas, etc.). Each table also had its own supply of cookie frosting (leftover from a separate program) and sprinkles.

When the cops arrived they spread out among the tables, so when the teens arrived they could be sure to be at a table with at least one officer.

All-in-all this was a program I highly recommend for a library of any size.

No comments:

Post a Comment