Saturday, February 24, 2018

Book Series Review

I'm a fantasy book geek. I also love science fiction. I just can't get enough of either. But I also enjoy history, alternate history, Tolkein, dystopian literature and studying social roles. And now I have found a series that offers all this and more!

 I recommend the Emberverse series by S. M Stirling.


In 1998 all technology dies: electronics, automobiles, planes, and the flash point of gun powder, oil and alcohol. Basically the laws of physics change throwing the world back into the middle ages.
It's a prolific series that spans from 1998-2045 (maybe further, I haven't read them all). Many different societies emerge: knights, gaelic cairns, Tolkein inspired Rangers, military bases,  ranchers and so much more.

It's got everything: apocalypse, alternate history, dystopian societies, kings, witches, horses, Dunedain Rangers, sword fights, cannibals, archery, and sociology. Give it a try!


via GIPHY





No comments:

Post a Comment