Tuesday, March 3, 2020

DIY Mirrors

 I love the use of mirrors and reflections throughout fairy tales and mythology.


And I knew that we absolutely had to create a program around them!

So we rounded up a variety of dollar mirrors and a bunch of paint.


Supplies

Mirrors (all of these were from the dollar tree)

Paints (I will list what I use for each individual mirror)

Brushes


First we started off decorating some basic mirrors. For these I went random and attempted using FolkArt Painted Finishes in Rust and Concrete (Update, they are no longer making these paints). I, personally, think these are delightfully random.




Then I tested out gems on the back and after many attempted patterns, I hot glued some on and then added the painted finish over top of them to complete the weathered look.






With a small handheld mirror, I used FolkArt Color Shift Paint in Aqua Flash and Fabric Creations Stencils.

Our favorite mirror though was this intricately patterned one.



For this I used Brushed Metal Paints in Brushed Silver and Metallic FolkArt in Rose Gold. Other colors in both types of paints were then added to continue to build up the layers.






No comments:

Post a Comment