Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Sleeping Beauty Inspired Journal

I have been watching a lot of Fairy Tales/Fantasies for inspiration for this summer. Like A LOT.


And I'm loving every minute of it.

Sometimes inspiration comes in the most unlikely of places. Cue Sleeping Beauty.

This is one of my absolute favorites and I adore it. And it has given me one of my favorite craft ideas for this summer.  I love the opening book.


Isn't that lovely? As Baby BookGeek says, "I NEED IT!"



Supplies:
Journal/Notebook/Composition Book
Paint
Brushes
Jewels

Step 1:
Grab your book & pick your pattern.

Step 2:
I wanted a border, so I used a piece of scrap foam and some double-stick tape to give myself a border. I just traced it out with a pencil.





Step 3:
Prepare your paints and brushes. I used the following:
FolkArt Nylon Brushes
Leather Studio Paint in Amethyst
Leather Studio Paint in Metallic Pure Gold




Step 4: Paint your journal. Depending on your fabric it will take multiple coats.



Step 5:
Now for the jewels.
 


After this I will most likely add some lettering in the center and some scroll work to closer mimic my inspiration, but for now I like having a basic model for teens to look at.


*Disclaimer
I sometimes receive free products from Plaid Enterprises to test out on projects and use at my discretion. The opinions and projects that result from this relationship are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment