Friday, October 9, 2020

Review: Deny All Charges

Deny All Charges

Deny All Charges by Eoin Colfer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


 View all my reviews

 


I must admit that I have not read book 1 in this new Fowl series, & I do try never to jump into a series in the midst of things. That being said, I do feel like the prologue did a pretty good recap/setup of, I imagine, most of what a reader would need to know.

Moving beyond that, my initial impressions of this book are that the language seems a bit above the target range of 9-11 year old kids. Something about the overly wordy nature of the text makes this book read sluggishly. My reluctant readers, in particular, may be drawn to the plot and the cover, but I doubt they will make it to far into the story.

Ultimately, this book is just not my style, but I do get the appeal. 

Publication Date: 20 October 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment