Tuesday, March 26, 2019

DIY String Art: Space Edition

My teens totally love String Art, so giving them another option for creation to fit this summer's theme is ideal.

Hence, Constellation String Art.



Supplies
Wood
Nails
String
FolkArt Milk Paint--Pirate BlackFolkArt Multi-Surface Paints
FolkArt Glitterific Paint
Hammer
Constellation Patterns

For my sample, I actually just used scraps that were left over from my supplies from last summer.



Step 1
If you are doing this program I do recommend doing this step ahead of time to get a base coat prepped. I used Milk Paint because I love the coverage that it gives me while still allowing some of the wood texture to come through.






Step 2
Start layering up your galaxy background. I used a variety of colors in



Step 3
Time to bust out the Glitterific Paint!


Step 4
Add your nails in a constellation pattern and then add your floss. See our past post on String Art for details.


No comments:

Post a Comment