Friday, March 22, 2019

One Giant Alien

So I had the completely wacky idea that it would be super-fun to do an alien autopsy program this summer. While the program itself has yet to occur I have hopes that it will turn out to be hilariously gross. The alien, however, was a colossal pain to create, but I am quite pleased with how he turned out.




I knew that this would be easiest if it was a one-and-done program, but I really wanted to make sure that I could use him for multiple programs.

Ways he can be used:

Prize Selection for Door Prizes
Fill cavity with food stuffs (Jello, Mashed Potatoes, Spaghetti, marshmallows, etc.) and hide prizes inside to find. Alternatively, put numbered items inside and let them draw for corresponding prize bins. Sort of like those old school duck ponds where the numbers are written on the bottom of the ducks.

Tactile Search & Find
Same thing but have them feel to find objects: tongs, elephant, thimble, etc.

For kiddos with sensory aversions get some big dish gloves.



The Construction

Figure out your base shape and assemble.








A removable cover is crucial


  




Find some awesome fabric and get our your glue and staple guns.

I found some awesome fabric by Waverly. Turned out to be perfect!









The eyes were tricky, but I decided to go more sinister.





No comments:

Post a Comment