Monday, March 21, 2016

Computers, Libraries and DC

I am lucky enough in my career to be able to go to library conferences to continue my education in libraries and technology.

This year, I attended the Computers in Libraries conference, held annually in Washington D.C.







Of course, I made time to see the sites.


But I also learned a lot. I learned about staff training, and making it a fun staple in my workplace. So that people seek out Continuing Education opportunities in fields of their interests that they can then incorporate into the library.

I learned about makerspaces with 3D Printers (Lulzbot Mini was a common favorite), lasercutters, sewing machines, and more.

I learned about the Internet of Things with Lee Rainie, from Pew Research Center.

I also learned about holding a hack-a-thon and engaging Millenials in the library.

Cheers from DC!
It was a great trip. I learned so much. I'm now ready to try to digest it all and incorporate it into my work life.

No comments:

Post a Comment