Saturday, March 5, 2016

Oversized Games

I love giant games and have been dying to try them out with my teens. So a summer theme that is centered around "Get in The Game" seems like a good time.





Here are some ideas we are throwing around for the summer:


Hungry, Hungry Hippos (I frickin' love this game!)


Another way to play Human Hungry Hungry Hippos:
via Pinterest

Hungry Hippos
 via Youth Downloads


Giant Yahtzee

 yard yahtzee DIY yard game, easy to make, fun to play

 via Nap-Time Creations

Life

Livingston Parrish Public Library hosted a life-sized game of Life for teens!:

via Flickr

*Life is surprisingly popular with my teens. I don't really know why...


Jenga

 Life size Jenga from soda boxes covered with wood-grain bulletin board paper. May be easier using adhesive contact paper.:

Just a pic. If you know the source link let me know. These are wrapped soda boxes. Brilliant!

CandyLand

 My library actually already has a life-size version created so I'm all gung-ho to try to it out this year.

 I will add pictures soon!

 

 

Kerplunk

group of people playing shishkaball

 via This Old House

Chinese Checkers

Chinese Checkers (pic only) | Cups or pots (for plants) as the checkers. Consider having it upright as well, on a magnetic whiteboard.:
Again, I just have a pic of this one. But looks like a simple construction to just use upside down cups.

 

Tetris


it8bit:

Live Tetris gaming.
photo by Esferobite
 via Tumblr


No comments:

Post a Comment