Thursday, March 24, 2016

The $1 Million Potato Photo

Does this look familiar?


If it doesn't then you really need to dust off your pop-culture specs and take a peek online.


That's right a photo of a potato sold for $1 million.


 The worst thing is I don't think the buyer even got the actual potato (bummer).

Yes, this sounds like a hoax, but was widely reported this January. I admit I thought the teens who came into the library talking about this news must be talking about some plot in a TV show, but alas it was true.

But in true recycling fashion I decided that this sounded like the perfect opportunity for a spin-off program!

Thus a themed photo contest for this summer was born. That's right we will be having a week-long Vegetable Photo Contest and another week devoted to Fruits. I love how much this ties in with the health side of the program scheme. You can bet that this is going into my Contest Lineup for this summer (This version is downloadable for Publisher. Need another version? Leave in comments and I'll try to accommodate).

No comments:

Post a Comment