Thursday, March 31, 2016

Have Tablets Replaced Laptops?

And Have Laptops Replaced Desktops?

Perhaps at home for the Internet browsing, app using every-man (or woman) a tablet is enough. I can pay my bills with my iPad and even write this post--albeit awkwardly. I can Facebook and Pin and read my Dear Prudence.

But I think for traveling business users the laptop is a necessity. The tablet cannot do everything the laptop can. But the laptop can do most of what the tablet does, just via browsers.

And the desktop still has a place in offices and, I think, in the Libraries. Yes, there is a place for tablets and laptops (and 3D printers and more). But a computer lab for public use is an essential part of  library life. And desktops are harder to stick under your sweater and walk out the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment